Some things to look at...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MPLS.TV... You don't even know

A new genre of cool... "its like TV... on the INTerNET!"


City of Music: Gayngs from MPLS.TV on Vimeo.

MPLS.TV is perhaps the greatest new media site to hit... almost ever!  Ok maybe I'm exaggerating.  But, at least they are on their way.  I've been an avid public media participant since my early web surfing days.  Whether I was downloading mass amounts of music, stalking my favorite bands or watching Youtube, I was spending hours online looking to be entertained.  And with this blog, I thought that I could start something completely new.  A one stop space to see the coolest of the cool.  A place to waste time, without actually wasting time trying to find something sweet to look at.   But MPLS.TV has sorta beaten me to the punch.
When I moved up to Minneapolis my sister had told me about the site and suggested I check it out for internship opportunities.  I immediately was intrigued, and with their Gayngs video I am kinda addicted.  It helps that I love the song and the band, but even if I didn't, this video is kick ass.  Dan Huiting and Gimme Noise are making music videos the rest of the music video world is (or will be) envious of.  The production quality is superb and the creativity is... well let's say I'm alittle envious as well.
They do more than just music videos too.  Actually, they produce a video a day with each video as an episode for the series.  Check out What the F*** are you Wearing?!  That's pretty funny.  Or the variety show.  That's pretty funny too.  And the greatest thing about the whole site is that it's completely done for no profit.  I mean really no one in the world is paying these guys to spend time or their own money to make these great videos.  So what's the catch?  They're just really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment